Sensus BPM Online
At Sensus-methode, protecting the personal data of our customers, suppliers, prospects and visitors to our website is extremely important to us. In this privacy statement, we explain the steps we are taking to achieve this.
We make every effort to ensure that the greatest possible care is taken when processing and protecting your personal data and we always comply with the applicable legislation and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”). This entails at least the following:
- We always process your personal data in accordance with the purposes for which this data is provided. The purposes and the types of personal data are described in this privacy statement.
- We only ever process the personal data required for these purposes.
- We will always ask for your consent to process your personal data when we are required to do so by law.
- We have taken appropriate technical and/or organisational measures to ensure the protection of your personal data.
What personal data do we process?
Within the context of our services, we process the following personal data relating to our existing and potential customers:
- Your name
- Company name
- Office address and place of business
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Username and password used to log in to our services
- Service user’s position and department
- Service user’s Twitter and LinkedIn URLs (if provided)
- Your photo, if we display a customer case study or quote on our website. We will only ever do this with your consent
- Areas of interest and/or information you have requested from us (like a white paper for example).
For suppliers, we process the name of the contact, as well as the name, address and telephone number of the relevant organisation. For the purposes of our accounts receivable and payable administration, the IBAN or BIC number, VAT number and Trade Register number are also processed.
Cookies are also used to collect personal or other types of data when you visit our website. These cookies can be used to determine your location, see your IP address, internet browser and the type of device you are using, and track your use of our website for analysis purposes. More information about cookies is provided later in this privacy statement.
Why do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Selling and delivering our services
- Managing licences
- Providing access to our services, and/or
- managing accounts receivable and accounts payable.
We need to process this data to carry out the agreement you conclude with us.
We have other reasons for processing your personal data for the purposes given below. Processing data for the following purposes is necessary for the promotion of our legitimate interests, including direct marketing, relationship management and the evaluation and improvement of our services:
- Promoting the sale and delivery of our services
- Creating a customer/prospect profile for direct marketing purposes
- Answering questions, supplying general and specifically requested information, and scheduling appointments
- Sending print or electronic newsletters, unless you have objected to and unsubscribed from this service. If you are not our customer, we will only process your contact details for this purpose with your consent.
- Operational logging with a view to ensuring the proper functioning of our services
- Evaluating and improving our services
- Analysing the use of our websites
- Archiving for historical purposes
If we involve third parties in the processing of your personal data, we will conclude a data processing agreement with these parties to ensure that an appropriate level of protection for your personal data is maintained.
This applies, for example, to the following third parties:
- The hosting provider we use for our services
- The CRM system provider
- The service provider used for sending out newsletters
- The provider of the chat system we use
- Web service providers, such as Google Analytics (see below)
We will not provide your personal data to third parties without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law.
We will not transfer your personal data to organisations that are not based in the EU, Norway, Lichtenstein or Iceland and that do not have an appropriate protection level, except in the following cases:
- You have given us your express consent to do so.
- An unmodified model contract approved by the European Commission is used for transferring personal data and this model contract guarantees an appropriate level of protection for the personal data in accordance with EU standards.
- The personal data is transferred within the scope of the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. This is the case for Google Analytics and the provider of the tool for sending newsletters.
- A permit or one of the other exceptions mentioned in the GDPR applies.
In offering our services, we use “cookies”, a small file that is stored on your computer when you visit our website for the first time. Cookies can be divided into functional and technical cookies on the one hand and analytics cookies on the other. Functional and technical cookies are required to improve the performance of the Sensus-methode website(s), help make our websites easier to use, enable users to create an account and log in, and trace fraud linked to your account.
We also use analytics cookies through Google Analytics to collect data about what people do when they visit our site. Such data includes things like the most visited pages. The aim of this is to optimise how we set up our website. You can opt out of cookies by changing your internet browser settings so that cookies are no longer stored. You can also delete all previously stored information via your browser’s settings.
Finally, with your consent, third parties will also place “tracking cookies” on your device (computer, tablet, etc.) when you visit our website so that you can be presented with adverts that are relevant to you. Cookies like these are used to build up a profile of your online browsing habits. This profile is not linked to any names, addresses, email addresses or other such details we have on record for you.
Links to other websites
On our website, you will find various links to other websites. Although they have been carefully selected, we cannot accept any responsibility for the content of these websites and/or their processing of personal data. You should always read the privacy statement, if available, of the website you are visiting.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is legally necessary for the purposes described above. Below is a summary of some of the relevant retention periods we use.
The personal data we require for managing licences and providing access to our services (known as portal details) will be retained for no more than 1 year after termination of the agreement.
Data collected from users of our website who complete the contact form or, for example, download a white paper or request a demo will, in principle, be retained for a period of 5 years. If you object to the use of this data for direct marketing purposes, we will delete your personal data immediately.
The personal data we require for the purposes of managing accounts receivable and accounts payable will be retained for a period of 7 years (this retention period is set by law).
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing. Examples of this include the following:
- We operate a username and password policy for our systems.
- We create backups of personal data to enable this data to be restored in the event of physical or technical incidents.
- We regularly test and evaluate the measures we have in place.
- Our hosting provider is ISO 27001 certified.
You are entitled to access your personal data, and to have it rectified or erased. You can also object to the processing of all or part of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In addition, you are entitled to have the data you provide transferred to you or a third party. In this case, we may ask you to provide proof of identity.
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement without prior notice. Such changes will become effective from the moment they are published on the website.